“Our ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature”
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
With ‘Sherlock Holmes’ as a content focus, this Digital Resource Guide is specifically designed to serve and support clients interested in exploring the substantial breadth and depth of the canon of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's most famous literary character: Sherlock Holmes.
'Sherlock Holmes' continues to inspire new books, films, plays, games and memorabilia.
Working in the creative industries space, clients are typically development and / or executive producers in the film and high-end commercial theatre space. They are often working in dual, shifting career spaces: that of the creative professional and assembling academic pursuits in Masters and/or Doctorate programs.
Their creative brief's are:
- usually aligned with major film studios and producers of commercially staged works
- 'staged works' - budgeted a greater than USD50M
- aimed at developing and exploiting new / unexplored story-lines within canons of literature, genres and character universe:
- to develop creative concepts for commercial presentation at known world markets to achieve pre-sales and / or distribution funding
The Digital Resource Guide is dual purpose:
- identifies and links to appropriate academic resources, research, databases and textbooks
- offers a broad, macro-level list of digital resources of existing and recent commercial manifestations of the 'Sherlock Holmes' character(s)
- content strictly nominates resources on the 'Sherlock Holmes' character only, not supporting characters such as 'Dr John Watson'.
The Digital Resource Guide has been originated, compiled, curated and edited by Sean McIntyre, Wise Words Media.
1. The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Literary Estate, (unknown). 'LICENSING INFORMATION'. Available at: https://www.arthurconandoyle.com/licensing.html [Accessed May 2019].